Over 1000 career professionals have been certified and are licensed to teach the Ten Steps to a Federal Job® curriculum.
Become a Ten Steps to a Federal Job Instructor and Coach! Coach your clients in federal employment processes and federal resume writing.
Since 2002, the Certified Federal Job Search Trainer® and Certified Federal Career Coach® is the first and only federal government employment training and education program lead by author and expert, Kathryn Troutman.
USMC Wounded Warrior-East Transition Counselors, CFJST Training, Quantico VA, Dec 2013
Row One, left to right: Kathryn Troutman; CPL Sarah Alsip; Lawrence Kimble (Veteran’s Representative, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services; Capt Catherine Mee, Deputy WWR Transition
Row Two: John Gagnon, CFJST Trainer; Theresa Blackledge; Carlos Melendez; GySgt Timothy Nelson; NaStelle Graves: Transition Coordinators
With the Veteran’s Opportunity to Work Act, the Certified Federal Job Sesarch Trainer® / Certified Federal Career Coach® program is more critical than ever. By teaching Ten Steps to a Federal Job® at your veteran’s employment center, you will be instructing veterans in how to land federal job–quality jobs for an entire career.
The CFJST program trains transition and employment readiness counselors to advise transitioning military and Wounded Warriors and military spouses into jobs in the Federal Government. Our goal is to train transition and employment readiness, vocational rehabilitation, veterans' representatives to advise your clients in the best employment practices with the number one preferred employer of transitioning military - the US Government, which is also the 2nd largest employer and most favorable employer for military, spouses, and wounded in transition.
- Based on the Jobseeker's Guide 6th Edition, newly updated and published May 2014!
- Certification and license are now valid for THREE (3) years. Course participants who attend a class in 2014 will have a valid certification until September 30, 2018.
- Now offering a webinar recertification option to save travel costs!
- Updated curriculum includes more lessons on coaching for writing successful, competitive federal resumes; non-competitive hiring programs, including Vetleran's Preference, PPP-for Spouses, Pathways Internships, Schedule A Disabilities; and how to navigate federal job search through non-competitive hiring.
- Invaluable online resources for Ten Steps Instructors with the latest PowerPoints and federal job resources
- 24 CEUs support GCFD by the Center for Credential Education
- Training program to support your position description and IDP in education and career training
- Support the VOW ACT – Help our Veterans and spouses begin high-quality careers in the Federal Government!
- Learn more techniques about how to help …. and/or continue to help your clients find and land federal jobs with Ten Steps to a Federal Job®.
- Learn the best possible federal resume formats and latest in federal job hiring processes.
2015 Program Options
- In Person Training -- Join one of our live in-person workshops being offered in Catonsville, MD, conveniently located near Baltimore.
- Webinar -- Listen to our training from your home or office, live or on your own time; Seven 90-minute sessions
- Hosted Program -- Bring our training to your base, university, or agency and invite others to join!
Certified Federal Job Search Trainer® and Certified Federal Career Coach® Certificate
Ten Steps to a Federal Job® is Accepted Worldwide
Our turnkey curriculum taught at more than 100 military bases worldwide, including:
- USN Fleet & Family Support Centers
- AF Airmen & Family Readiness Centers
- USCG Transition Centers
- US Army Army Service Centers
- USMC Transition Centers
- Military One Source
- VA for Vets Centers
This program is also taught at:
- VA LVERs/DVOPs
- Arlington County Employment Centers, Virginia
- Maryland State One-Stop Centers
- Numerous University Career Centers, including: University of Maryland/University College, University of Nebraska, University of California, University of Nebraska, Pepperdine University, Harvard University, Yale University, University of Virginia-Charlottesville, and Virginia Polytechnic University-Blacksburg
Who should consider becoming a Certified Federal Job Search Trainer® and Coach?
See our list of current Certified Federal Job Search Trainers® and Certified Federal Career Coaches®
This program is invaluable to any career professional who will be advising about federal jobs search and federal resume writing:
- Family readiness and employment transition counselors at military bases
- Military career counselors
- University career counselors
- Federal agency human resources and education staff
- One-Stop and workforce job counselors
- Non-profit job search counselors
- Veteran’s counselors – VA, non-profit
- Private practitioners who have veterans as clients
Your Federal Career Collection
When you attend our certification training in person or by webinar, you will receive one (1) copy of all of our current publications to update your federal career book library: