Onsite CFJST Training at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, October 2014
The Hosted Program is exciting, expert and inspiring training at your own work location!
Our Master Ten Step Trainers Will:
- Train your staff in teaching the popular Ten Steps to a Federal Job curriculum.
- Give you methods for coaching federal resume writing in the winning Outline Format.
- Provide you with the latest information about Federal Human Resources and Federal Hiring Programs. This will include Merit Principles, Veteran’s Preference Hiring Programs, Schedule A, Program S for Military Spouses, Pathways… and much more.
Advantages of the Hosted Training
- Onsite training. Our trainers will come to you!
- No travel for your staff. Your staff can just be available for three days of training onsite.
- Follow-up opportunity! Ten Step Master Trainers / Consultants can return for a half-day briefing with your trained staff to review federal resume lessons, challenges and Ten Step course program training.
- Three days of federal career training by SMEs, including specialized training for your base or agency
- License to teach Ten Steps to a Federal Job® for three years
- A set of 29 total books for each participant (see below)
- Spiral bound booklet with copies of the Ten Steps to a Federal Job® curriculum
- Two to three trainers for the program, including travel and accommodations
2017 Fees* (Three-Day Training Program)
- $15,000 for up to 7 attendees
- Additional attendees are $1,823 per person
- Will soon be available on the GSA schedule
International and Non-Continental U.S.
- Contact us for custom quote.
*Note: Hosted program fees are quoted based on the location and number of attendees. The baseline fees are indicated above.
Hosts ‒ An Auditorium Option Is Available!
In lieu of classroom-style training, there can be a live open-enrollment auditorium program for your entire base and jobseekers. This can replace the practice Ten Steps training. Other alternatives are having the Ten Steps auditorium program provided by the Ten Step Master Instructors one evening OR on a separate day. The Auditorium Ten Steps program can help you introduce the Ten Steps curriculum and generate interest for the program. You can introduce your workshops and bring federal job search clients to your office from the open enrollment classes.
Taught by Our Master Ten Step Trainers
Kathryn Troutman, Emily Troutman, John Gagnon and Charles Clark will deliver the program at your center. They will analyze resumes from your own staff databases, as well as review your resume formats and your current curriculum and methods. Being onsite, the training team can supply you with all you’ll need to make Ten Steps to a Federal Job one of your most popular workshops. Read trainer bios
What Past Graduates Have to Say
“Very important insights into job searching, writing of resume, and understanding USAJOBS.”
‒ James Stewart, Military Transition Advisor & Instructor, USMC
“I love your 10-step technique… As an instructor, the technique is concise and organized.”
‒ Dennis Eley, Regional Wounded Warrior Coordinator, USN
See who has received past training.
Hosted Program Instructional Features ‒
3 Days of Expert Employment Lessons!
In your classroom or computer room (preferred), we will teach federal job search lessons and USAJOBS navigation. These include:
- How many hats do you wear at work? Popular class activity!
- Accomplishment freewriting. Popular class activity!
- Keyword analysis and creating your list. Important lesson for every resume!
- Bring your own USAJOBS user name and password. Learn how to improve your profile and saved searches. Learn how to track your applications in Application Tracking!
- USAJOBS announcement search and discover – live in the classroom!
- Interpretation of the job announcements
- Sampling of the Mil2fedjobs.com website – how to use this for veterans!
- Outline format federal resume writing in USAJOBS Builder – in your own account
- Federal resume reviews and assessments with the 11-Point CheckSheet
- Veteran’s Preference Knowledge and Category Rating
- Schedule A lessons
- Program S for military spouses
- Pathways overview and announcement analysis
Your Federal Career Collection
All individual registrations receive one (1) copy each of these current publications to update your federal career book library:
- Jobseeker's Guide 8th Edition (coming soon)
- The Stars Are Lined Up for Military Spouses (coming soon)
- Federal Resume Guidebook, 6th Edition
- Creating Your First Resume
- The New SES Application, 2nd Edition
- Student’s Federal Career Guide, 3rd Edition (PDF)
You will have the option to request the above books in print or PDF format.
Individual registration will also receive a set of 24 print books for coaching. Group registrations: please confirm book offerings at time of registration. You may request all or a portion of your 24 books from the following:
- Jobseeker’s Guide 8th Edition
- Federal Resume Guidebook 6th Edition
- Student’s Federal Career Guide, 3rd Edition
Bring these popular titles home with you from our live classes in a beautiful Ten Steps bag! Or request at least a week in advance to have your books shipped to you directly for the in-person classes.
For More Information and Reservations:
To make a reservation or for more information, please contact us or call us at (888) 480-8265.
- Ten Step Trainer Resources and PPTs
- NEW! Community Newsletter
- 2017 Dates
- Group and Individual Rates
- Certified Individuals
- In-Person Program
- Webinar Program
- Hosted Programs
- Past Trainings
- Certification Information
- Recertification Information
- Trainer & Staff Bios
- Ten Steps to a Federal Job®