The Webinar Program is broken into seven enlightening 90-minute sessions.
Like the Live Program, the Certification webinars cover:
- The popular Ten Steps to a Federal Job curriculum
- Insider federal job search strategies
- Federal resume writing, using the winning Outline Format we developed
- The latest info about Federal Human Resources and Federal Hiring Programs
Technology: Adobe Connect
We utilize Adobe Connect for our webinar classes so that our government and military participants will be able to attend the live classes. Each class is instructor-led on webcam with a visual website tours, PowerPoint lessons, case studies, and interactive exercises. You will be able to access the documents and relevant webpages during the webinar, as well as the webinar recording once the class is completed.
Advantages of the Webinar Training
- No travel time or related expenses. Just set aside time in your office or home each week for a live 90-minute inspiring program on a topic to help you advise or train your jobseekers.
- There's flexibility ‒ classes are recorded! If you miss a program, you can attend during the week when you get time. Just sit back, watch, listen and learn tips to help your clients with their federal job search.
- A great way to get RE-CERTIFIED! The Webinar is also a convenient way to re-take the certification training. Renew your license to teach the Ten Steps curriculum!
- Can't access the Internet for all sessions? Handouts and PowerPoints are emailed ahead of each webinar. In the event that you unable to get into Gotomeeting.com, you will be able to listen by phone and view the handouts.
- Federal Career Resources are included: Our books are shipped to you before the program begins. You can designate whether you want to receive our books in print (if available) or ebook.
Our Webinar Instructors
With the Webinar, you still get training from our Master Ten Step Trainers ‒ Kathryn Troutman, Emily Troutman, John Gagnon and Charles Clark! Read trainer bios
In additional, Margaret Riley Dikel covers "Ten Steps to a Non-Federal Job" and Ellen Lazarus will discuss "Program S for Military Spouses."
Webinar Class Lessons
- Ten Steps to a Federal Job® – in two webinars!
- Identifying the "hats" you wear on your job
- Accomplishment freewriting
- Keyword analysis and creating your list
- On your own: Check your USAJOBS user name and password.
- Within the USAJOBS lessons, learn how to improve your profile and saved searches; learn how to track your applications in Application Tracking!
- USAJOBS announcement search and discover
- Demonstration and sampling of Mil2fedjobs.com website
- Introduction to the sample resumes in the books and online in USAJOBS
- Outline format federal resume writing in the USAJOBS Resume Builder
- Federal resume reviews and assessments with the 11-Point CheckSheet
- Veteran's Preference and Category Ratings
- Schedule A lessons and other federal disability programs
- Pathways programs for students and new grads
- New! Program S for military spouses
- New! Tips for landing a non-federal job
What Previous Webinar Attendees Are Saying…
After the webinars, attendees shared some of what they found most helpful:
"How to target Top Accomplishments ‒ military members are accustomed to working as part of a team. It's often difficult for my jobseekers to think in terms of individual accomplishments."
‒ Emily Calland, Community Readiness Specialist, USMC
"The Federal Resume Review ‒ as a career advisor/career coach, I conduct a lot of resume reviews for students and adult learners… [I had]
limited knowledge in this area and now I'm very well versed."
‒ Winifred Winston, Chief Career Information Officer
"I certainly learned about the necessity of keywords and where to look for them [in the USAJOBS job announcement and otherwise]. Learning about
the occupational groups and series was also very helpful!"
‒ Leslie Perez, University Career Services
"[I did] not have enough knowledge of the PPP/Program S. [The] information presented helped me understand the process and how to get spouses hired."
‒ Debbi Leeds, Community Readiness Specialist, USAF
"Specialized Experience does not have to be from your most recent position. It can be from any point in your work history, preferably from the
last 10 years."
‒ Sharon Usrey, Army Community Service, USAG Fort Hunter Liggett
See who has received past training.
Your Federal Career Collection
All individual registrations receive one (1) copy each of these current publications to update your federal career book library:
- Jobseeker's Guide 8th Edition (coming soon)
- The Stars Are Lined Up for Military Spouses (coming soon)
- Federal Resume Guidebook, 6th Edition
- Creating Your First Resume
- The New SES Application, 2nd Edition
- Student’s Federal Career Guide, 3rd Edition (PDF)
You will have the option to request the above books in print or PDF format.
Individual registration will also receive a set of 24 print books for coaching. Group registrations: please confirm book offerings at time of registration. You may request all or a portion of your 24 books from the following:
- Jobseeker’s Guide 8th Edition
- Federal Resume Guidebook 6th Edition
- Student’s Federal Career Guide, 3rd Edition
Bring these popular titles home with you from our live classes in a beautiful Ten Steps bag! Or request at least a week in advance to have your books shipped to you directly for the in-person classes.
Please contact us with your questions. We would be happy to assist you.
- Ten Step Trainer Resources and PPTs
- NEW! Community Newsletter
- 2017 Dates
- Group and Individual Rates
- Certified Individuals
- In-Person Program
- Webinar Program
- Hosted Programs
- Past Trainings
- Certification Information
- Recertification Information
- Trainer & Staff Bios
- Ten Steps to a Federal Job®