The Structured Interview is more important than ever with Hiring Reform.
Because the separate KSA narratives are eliminated, hiring managers will be using the Structured, Behavior-Based interview as a valid, reliable assessment tool to determine the best qualified candidates. This practical, hands-on course uses role-playing and class discussion to give participants the key skills needed to successfully prepare for the behavior-based interview format. Participants will: prepare for the interview, practice proper interview techniques, and effectively communicate their skills and accomplishments.
Classroom format: Classroom
Course length: Full day, half day, or 90 minute webinar overview
Course Outline – Five Critical Lessons
- Know what to expect: Introduction to the structured interview
- Writing your best accomplishment stories: Get ready to answer at least five questions that will require an accomplishment story.
- Prepare your answers to typical questions such as “Why should we hire you?”
- Think about the mission: Get in the mindset of the target office or organization by preparing an interview prep worksheet that matches your past experiences to the future position.
- Interview strategies: Get tips on articulate speaking, smiling, handshakes, body language, physical presence, and keeping the interviewer’s attention.