Successful Federal Resume Writing Strategies
Your federal resume will either result in "Not Qualified" or "Best Qualified" and "Referred." Learn how to write a competitive federal resume with keywords and accomplishments in an outstanding USAJOBS 3.0 format.
The government IS still hiring despite the USAJOBS 3.0 troubles. In the MD and DC
area there are more stable federal positions than any other region in
the US. Learn how to successfully master the federal application process
in this one-day class. Improve your confidence and knowledge of a
complex employment system for the best jobs in the US Today!
Do not waste valuable time, resources and great job announcements with
a less than correct federal resume format! We can teach you how to
write a compliant, competitive and on-target federal resume!
A private industry resume is NOT the same as a federal resume, do not use your private industry resume for USAJOBS.
- USAJOBS Resume Builder, Announcement Analysis, Mastering the Questionnaire and total application process
- Federal Resume Writing to demonstrate Specialized Experience, keywords and accomplishments
- KSA Accomplishments for the resume, interview preparation and to stand out!
- Understanding the federal hiring process
Who Should Attend
- Current federal employees who are seeking career advancement and need to learn new USAJOBS and federal resume writing techniques
- Veterans who are seeking new careers in federal agencies
- Private Industry applicants who are seeking federal positions
- Career professionals and career counselors who advise jobseekers
- Veteran’s counselors who need to learn more about federal job search
What You Will Learn in this Class
- How to write a proper federal resume
- How to determine that you are applying for the right positions and at the right grade or salary level
- How to understand federal vacancy announcements and find the Keywords needed for your resume
- How to add KSA accomplishments into the resume, so that you will
STAND OUT and hopefully get Best Qualified (score of 90 and above)
- How to write and position accomplishments in your resume, so that
they stand out for the human resources reviewer and the supervisor
- How to track and follow up on your application, so that you can see the results of your writing and applications
- Don’t wait … Register now for the best career class you will ever take!
What to Bring
If you have a laptop, please bring it! Bring your resume to class on
paper and online if possible. You will rewrite your resume during the
class for a USAJOBS application. If you have your resume in the USAJOBS
builder, that can help you improve the resume during the class. Even if
you submit your current resume to USAJOBS, you can work on a new version
during the class and use your account.
Group Information / Corporate Outplacement Training
Please contact us for group pricing and payment by agency credit card.
For More Information
Feel free to contact us with your questions or call us at (888) 480-8265.
We apologize that we are no longer offering this course at this time. If you would like to host this workshop at your location, please contact us for a quote or to make a reservation.
"After using your workbook and taking your One-Day class, I revised my resume based on your recommendations and received a positive response and firm offer without an interview! Thank you for all the resources your organization provides, based on need and desire to secure employment with the Federal Government."
Gaithersburg Business Training Center
12 South Summit Avenue
Old Town Gaithersburg, MD 20877
MPP, CFRWC, CFJST
The Resume Place, Inc.